About us

The village is first mentioned in a land deed from 1360 when Markéta of Snovídky and her son Stanimír sold the villages of Snovídky and Lovišky (possibly nowadays the village of Lovčičky) to Markéta of Wildenberk. The ownership of the village subsequently went through quite a rotation – in 1368 Pešek of Zdetín; 1390 the brothers Hynek and Albert Vek of Miličín; 1392 Jaroš of Cimburk. In 1406 Beneš of  Benešov-on-Kvasice sold the village of Snovídky to the rector of Krampsín, one Zbyňek and his brothers Jan Krumpsín of Želechovice and Jan Hús of Krumpsín. In 1437 Jindřich Húse of Krumpsína sold the village to Krištof of Žarůšek who in no time sold the village again to the brothers Mikeš and Hynek of Ojnice.
Their descendent, Tas of Ojnice, became Master of Snovídky and Earl of Bučovice. Since then Snovídky and Bučovice were joined under one rule.
The people of Snovídky had to work for the village owners. According to official records half-hiders had to work 130 days, which brought them a reward of 10 florins and 6 and 6/10 silverns. Quarter-hiders worked 65 days for half the reward. House owners worked 13 or 26 days for 1 fathom (old Czech fathom = 1,7742 metres) of wood. They usually renounced the wood to free themselves of the labour.
The village belonged to the Nemotice parish. There is no record of the first village church; however it is known for certain the church used to be 8 – 9 metres lower than Church built in 1793 by the village patron, Alois of Liechtenstein. The original floor plan (now stored in the princely archive of Bučovice) was discovered in 1838 when the parish cellar was being completed. The discovery showed that the first church was smaller in size. Chaplain Václav Weinlich laid the new church corner-stone; it is situated to the right of the main altar and contains inscriptions of local news and means of payment used at the time. The church was blessed in 1794 by Bučovice dean Petr Jiříček.
Until 1888 local children attended Nemotice school. The following year a school was built in Snovídky. It had only one classroom and later in 1899 it was extended to two classrooms.
A municipal chronicle was established in 1924. Back then agriculture was the main source of income for most of the local inhabitants. A few worked on railway building and also in nearby factory in Koryčany. Some workers came from as far as Brno town. In winter forest labour was the most popular, followed by wood processing. There was one mill, joinery, pub, two shops, bakery and a brick kiln.
Agriculture focused on growing beet root, crops and also fruit such as pears, apples and plums. Kettle farming was the main source of meat. Attached to fruit-growing is apiculture. In 1924 there were sixty-three beehives. Potatoes were grown for personal use only and formerly widespread flax and hemp fields for cloth production became scarce after 1920.
In recent history Snovídky was part of Nemotice village (sharing the village town hall) until 1989 when it was proclaimed a sovereign village with its own administration.

This project is co-financed by the European Union.
Evropská umie ROP
Wednesday
23.01.2019
Zdeněk

Svazek obcí Mezihoří,
Nemotice 66, 683 33 Nesovice
info@somezihori.cz
+420 517 367 523

Česky Deutch English