About us

Past

The village name derives from a personal name Dobrošek – the original name of the village was Dobroškovice. Archaeological research has uncovered traces of Linear Pottery from the Neolithic Age. The most significant finds were brass and golden objects from 1800 – 1500 BC, these are currently part of the Brno museum exhibition. A Roman coin has also been found indicating Celtic settlements from the Roman/Teutonic era. The village pattern has been preserved until the present day - with its circular shape, typical for the era of the eighth to tenth-century. No traces of Dobročkovice fortress can be seen today, however the Church of All Saints, built after the year 1300, has preserved its Romanesque core.

The first written record mentioning Dobročkovice is from 1355 where Lucek and John of Dobročkovice are stated to be the village owners. They were part of the noble clan of Dobročkovice and Švábenice. During the fourteenth-century the clan property was divided amongst many of its members. The year 1406 marks the beginning of the clan’s property unification. In 1409 Jindřich of Zástřizle obtained a dowry from Bolka of Dobročkovice in the value of 300 three-scores in sou and bought the land shares of his brothers. Zdeněk and John Vlk of Švábenice were the village owners until 1447.

The noble clan of Zástřizle took control the village 1493. In 1502 the whole of Dobročkovice was held by Jaroš of Zástřizle. In 1516 the noble men of Zástřizle traded off Dobročkovice and John Kobíkov of Opatov became the new owner. His son Jiřík Kobík died in 1544 and the town was divided between his two daughters, Alžběta and Margetu; and their aunt Markyta, married to Hynek Pacák of Pačlavice. In 1555 Václav Havránek of Rybí gained Dobročkovice after Jeroným of Božice. He didn’t manage to hold on to the village too long and with Jakub Pacák they sold it to Záviš of Víckov. Dobročkovice - then including the villages of Knínice and Nový Zámek with a brewery, a lake and a mill - were inherited by his nephew Přemek of Víckov. The estate then, known as “novozámecký“, became the property of Jindřich of Zástřizle. However in 1590 his son George Zikmund sold it to sons of Jonn Martinkovský of Rozseč. During the land confiscations following the Battle of White Mountain, the estate in the possession of Adam Kravařský of Šlevice fell to Nicholas Nusser of Nussek.

In the middle of the seventeenth-century, after the Thirty Years War, Dobročkovice had 44 houses out of which only 14 were inhabited. In 1671 the “novozámecký” estate’s independent history was ended when Alexander Jindřich, the Duke of Šlesvice and Holštýn, united it with Milonice. In 1751 Žákovský of the noble family Dovrčivy passed the barony to Josef (the ‘enlightened’), the founder of the Freemason Society of the Unknown. His heir John Earl of Wenger sold the barony to the Liechtenstein family in 1798. Since then Dobročkovice became part of the Bučovie Earldom and, until 1918, controlled by the Liechtenstein family.

In 1846 a school was opened in the village and was in use until 1931, when a new school was built. In 1898 a Voluntary Fire Brigade was founded. Electricity was brought to the village in 1928 and one year later a road was built. Dobročkovice was freed on 30th of April 1945 by Romanian soldiers. Six soldiers who died during the liberation of the village were buried in a mass grave in the local cemetery. A new village cemetery was built in 1949 and in 1952 the current village town hall was built. A co-operative was founded in 1955 and in 1977 a new pub was opened along with a Cultural centre. In the same year the primary school was closed and in 1991 the nursery school as well.

Present

Dobročkovice is administered by a board of seven deputies. Dobročkovice is a quiet village with standard facilities. There is a store with general merchandise, a pub with a cultural room and public water-main. The village is on a bus route. Traditions like the Easter carnival parade, Children’s Day (1st of June) or Christmas ginger bread exhibition are kept alive. A sports centre with car park was built to support tourism and sports activities. The local Voluntary Fire brigade unites all age groups.

This project is co-financed by the European Union.
Evropská umie ROP

Dobročkovice

Kostel všech svatých
Kostel všech svatých
Villages
E-mail registration
MAS
JMK
Sunday
16.06.2019
Zbyněk

Svazek obcí Mezihoří,
Nemotice 66, 683 33 Nesovice
info@somezihori.cz
+420 517 367 523

Česky Deutch English