About us

Nesovice is a small agricultural village 7km east of Bučovice. It is situated along the entry of the Hvězdlička tributary to the Litava River beside the primary road which links Brno to Uherské Hradiště. The village is spread over two cadastral grounds; Nesovice Cadastre and, since 1942, Letošov Cadastre.
The smaller settlement of Nové Zámky is linked to the village as well. The total area of Nesovice is four square miles. At present the village has 450 houses with 1170 inhabitants. The birth of Nesovice as a village is noted by a single entry in The Homeland Study of Moravia from 1131 or a later entry from 1365. These are followed by more continuous records since. In the fourteenth-century both were under the rule of Ježek Klüsche (Küsche, Kluse).
In the fifteenth-century Nesovice became the property of cavaliers of Zástřizle along with Chvalkovice, Komorov, Kozojedy, Bohdalice, Nemotice and Ždánice. In middle of the sixteenth-century Nesovice was sold to Záviš of Víckov, who owned Dobročkovice. With the rule of Záviš of Víckov the history of Nesovice broadens to include the settlement of Nove Zámky that grew in area under the Imperial Mansion. Built in 1561 the Imperial Mansion was never finished due to the death of Záviš and only the northern and eastern parts were preserved of the intended grandiose property with four wings. At present it is a private property not open to public.
At the beginning of the eighteenth-century Nesovice had 160 inhabitants; the Letošov Chronicle mentions 48 houses and later on the Josefin cadastre from 1787 states 63 houses. The populations of Nesovice and Nové Zámky further grew in the nineteenth-century and 83 houses with 498 inhabitants were recorded in the third decade of that century.
Until 1848 officials named by the authorities administered Nesovice. The first mayor, Florián Pilát, was elected in 1850.
After the law on compulsory school education passed by Marie Theresa and Joseph II, there was a boom of petty school construction and one was built in Nesovice. The decision to build a school in Nesovice was accompanied by quarrels about the school location. The school was built, quoting: “approximately as far from Nesovice as from Nové Zámky, by a public footpath on boundary of municipal and duke’s land”. The school was built within the year and, on September 15th 1909, it welcomedits first pupils.
On September 19th the school was blessed and in December the first director, Karel Poláček, was elected. Soon enough defects were discovered in the building works and this led to “continuous settlement cracks so big sparrows would nest there”. In 1914 an official committee ordered fortification of the walls and basement; however the Great War postponed the works until 1919. At first the school had two classrooms with total of 141 pupils but later, in 1914, there were three classrooms and 165 pupils.
The character of the village was influenced by a railway from Brno to Uherský Brod and Vlárský průsmyk. In 1878 the first cargo train passed by inspected by a crowd of curious inhabitants who gathered along the railway. In September of the same year another train passed by carrying train station equipment and in October a regular train transport was established on the route.
At first passenger trains went four times and cargo trains two times a day. The Nesovice inhabitants had a great advantage as there was a train station with “dispatcher house, waiting room, a flat, storage house and a ramp”.
Even more important for the village was the building of new roads as the nineteenth-century roads were in a bad condition. The first visible improvement brought a new road going from Letošov, through Nové Zámky, to Snovídky connecting to the road from Bučovice. In 1889 another road was built passing through Nesovice and leading to Milonice.
An integral part of Nesovice and Nové Zámky’s character was a chapel and a belfry. The chapel, dedicated to St. John of Nepomuk, is first mentioned in 1850. In 1912, according to a letter from the same year, a chapel was built in Nové Zámky beside an older belfry.


The social life of the village is characterised by guilds and associations founded to service the people and express their interests. In 1893, a Guild of Readers was founded in Letošov. It owned an extensive library in the local school. Unfortunately it broke up in 1918. A guild “Vlastimír” is mentioned to be founded in 1912 in Nové Zámky, however there is no record of its activities. The only record states that the guild received 300 books after a farmer, Otakar Sekal, died and the books were kept as Otakar’s Library.
In 1896, a Voluntary Fire Brigade was founded by the inhabitants of Nesovice and Letošov, serving both villages. Due to persistent quarrels between the firemen and the headquarters, the brigade was split in 1899 along with all of its assets and separate fire brigades were founded in both villages.
The establishment of an agricultural co-operative largely determined the current appearance of the village. In 1934 a steam sawmill was built but two years later it went out of business and was closed. In 1936 a new chapel was built on the village square and dedicated to St. John of Nepomuk whose antique statue was brought in from an old demolished chapel. The abbot of the local Premonstratensian/Norbertine Abbey in Nová Říše, Pavel Souček – who was born in Nesovice - became benefactor of the chapel.
In 1978 the building of Nesovice Cultural Centre began, and in February of 1983 an opening ceremony was held. In the top floor the town hall offices were built along with an auditorium for official ceremonies.

In 1990 the Nesovice brick kiln was torn down and replaced by private businesses. A brick kiln in nearby Letošov ceased production as well and was transformed into a special glass factory.
In 1999 the school was renovated along with the chapel and post office (a new digital switchboard was built inside the post office). T he former village town hall was turned into a health centre with a pharmacy.
In 1996 a natural gas pipe was brought to the village and a sewer system is under construction at present to improve the infrastructure. There are also currently plans to build new apartments in Nesovice.

This project is co-financed by the European Union.
Evropská umie ROP

Nesovice

Zámek
Zámek
Villages
E-mail registration
MAS
JMK
Friday
23.08.2019
Sandra

Svazek obcí Mezihoří,
Nemotice 66, 683 33 Nesovice
info@somezihori.cz
+420 517 367 523

Česky Deutch English